Friday, March 18, 2011

Rainbow Cupcakes!

With Morgan's 2nd birthday only 16 days away I took some time today figuring out what I was going to do for her birthday party theme and birthday cake this year. 

I bought this adorable tutu from Whimsical Fairytales a few weeks back


(SOOO cute right!)

I decided that to go with this adorable tutu I would just do a simple rainbow theme and after searching the internet I discovered rainbow cupcakes! 

Today I did a test run to make sure they were something I could actually pull off so I wasn't stuck the day of the party frantically trying to salvage a cupcake disaster.  I'm not normally such a planner so I'm pretty proud of myself right now!

Here's a little play by play of the rainbow cupcake adventure

Mix up some white cake mix according to the instructions on the back of the box (for her actual birthday party I'm going to use an amazing white cake recipe courtesy of my bestie)



Next, I split the batter into 6 even parts and put it in bowls and then added pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple food coloring.





From there you layer the colors into the cupcake pan and cook according to the directions on the box



and viola!  Yummy, beautiful cupcakes!







For her birthday party I'm going to make some white butter cream frosting to top them off!  So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment