Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 136-Marshmallow Frosting Adventures

I found a recipe on Pinterest (seriously can you tell I love Pinterest...it's bad) for marshmallow frosting.

I was directed to this cute blog to find the recipe.

I tested it out today and it tastes incredible!  It's also pretty easy to make which is always a plus in my book :)

The recipe only calls for 4 ingredients.  4 egg whites, 1 cup sugar, a pinch of salt, and 1 tsp vanilla...simple right!



You start by whisking everything, except the vanilla, over a double broiler until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is hot to touch. 



After that you transfer the mixture to a larger bowl, add vanilla, and beat with an electric mixer.

 

Then you pipe onto cupcakes!



So easy and so yummy!  It tastes just like a marshmallow but is fluffier and gooier..heaven.

For some reason mine didn't turn out quite as fluffy as the original posters looks in her pictures so I'm going to try again and whisk my egg/sugar mixture longer over the double broiler and hopefully this will make it fluffier. 

If not, oh well, because it's still wonderful!  I plan on adding some pink food color and using this recipe for Miss Bailey's 1st birthday watermelon themed cupcakes..can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. You may have just helped me decide what kind of frosting to use for Addison's first birthday rainbow cupcakes! :) I have to try this on my test run of rainbow cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete